As the holy month of Ramadan has arrived and all our Muslim friends are fasting from dawn to sunset, here is a cool bottle gourd milkshake recipe that will give them heavenly pleasure at their iftaar and calm nerves down after a hot tiring day. All you need is just a few ingredients and a little of your precious time from your day of worship.
- Grated bottle gourd- 250g
- Milk- 500ml
- Custard powder-2 tsp
- Sugar- 8-10 tbsp
- Take half a cup of milk of room temperature and add custard powder to it. Mix it well so that it does not form any lumps and the custard powder dissolves in it completely.
- Take 500 ml of milk in a vessel and bring it boil. When the milk is about to boil, add the custard flavored milk prepared to it and stir continuously for 2-3 minutes while the milk is boiling.
- Add the grated bottle gourd to the milk and let it cook for 5-8 minutes. Keep stirring the milk occasionally so that the bottle gourd doesn’t settle down.
- Lastly, add sugar to it and allow the milk to boil for 2-5 minutes on low flame. You will know it that you’re done when the milk starts to thicken a little. And your bottle gourd milkshake is ready.
Allow it to cool down and refrigerate it for 1 or 2 hours. Top it with some chopped dry fruits or enjoy it with a scoop of ice cream..
You can also try our Eid special Sheerkhurma recipe.