The first recipe that comes to my mind when I think about my Mom is Cutlets. Yes.!! It is one of the most simplest things I have ever learnt from her. Though, most of the dishes I know have been taught by her but this is a special one. Cutlets are an irresistibly yummy, quick and trouble-free dish. With just minimal ingredients and time, they become an all-time favorite snack or a meal.
- Minced chicken or Mutton- 250g
- Bread slices- 3-4
- Green chillies- 1 or 2
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Red Chilli powder (optional)
- Eggs- 2 or 3
- Breadcrumbs or Rawa (for coating)
- Marinate the minced meat with Ginger garlic paste, Green chillies, Turmeric powder, Coriander powder, Red chilli powder and Salt. You can alter the amount of spices as per your preference. Leave it aside for an hour.
- After an hour, dip the slices of bread in water and squeeze to remove excess water from it.
- Add the breads in the marinated mince and mix well so that no lumps of bread are formed and everything is distributed evenly and is formed into a dough.
- Make small balls out of the dough and flatten each one of it with your palm to size of around 4-5cm or as per your choice to form cutlets.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Dip the cutlets in the eggs and coat it with breadcrumbs or Rawa.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the cutlets till they are golden or brown.
And your cutlets are ready..You can serve it with ketchup or any other sauce. You can also place it in between two slices of bread or burger bun while serving or add your own ideas to it if u wish.