Lemon rice is a perfect dinner meal if you prefer something light yet tasty. With it’s sour and tangy flavour, Lemon rice is an effortless recipe that can be made with your leftover rice or freshly cooked rice within minutes. Lemon rice is an ideal lunch box recipe too.
- Leftover or steamed rice- 3 cups
- Cooking oil- 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 7 or 8
- Dry red chillies- 1 or 2
- Green chillies- 1 or 2
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves- 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves and as it starts popping, add red chillies and green chillies and allow it to saute for a few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder and steamed rice to it with a few drops of lemon and salt to it. Mix well.
- Allow it to cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining lemon juice to the rice and mix.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot with coconut chutney.
Note: You can adjust the quantity of lemon juice as per the sour taste you prefer. Tastes best with leftover rice.
Want to try more?
Also try our Cutlets recipe. They are quick to make as well as yummy.