Poha is made using flattened rice and is popular as a breakfast dish in India, especially Gujarat and Maharashtra. Poha is one of the simplest and the most loved Indian breakfast dish. It’s not just easy to make but tasty and healthy as well. You could make it easily even if you have never entered the kitchen before.
- Poha (flattened rice)- 150g
- Roasted peanuts- 50g
- Onion- 1 medium sized
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Cooking oil- 2-3 tbsp
- Green chillies- 2 or 3
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Lemon juice- 1-2 tsp
- Sev for garnishing
- Wash the Poha and drain the water completely.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chillies one by one after each starts popping.
- Add onions and allow it to sauté till the onions start turning transparent or light brown, depending on the way you like it. Also add the roasted peanuts and allow it to sauté for a few more couple of seconds.
- Now add Poha to the pan along with turmeric powder and salt and mix everything well.
- Allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame and transfer it to a dish when done.
- Squeeze some lemon juice on it and top it with some Sev of your choice to give it a crunchy and sour taste. Or you can also garnish it with some coriander leaves.
And that’s it.. Your quick breakfast is ready within minutes..
You can also try Upma from our breakfast recipes.