According to an unpopular statistics, there are two types of people in the world.. the ones who love Ladyfinger (Bhindi or Okra) and the ones who hate Ladyfinger. There is no in between. If you don’t fall into either of the two categories then you are an exception. But if you are a bhindi lover, then this recipe is for you and if you are not a bhindi lover then this recipe is sure to change your mind. So let’s go deeper..
- Peanuts- 50g
- Bhindi- 500g
- Turmeric- 1 tsp
- Red chili powder- 2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 2.5 tsp
- Cooking oil- 1 tbsp
1. Start with washing the ladyfingers and wipe it well with a paper towel to make them completely dry. Cut the ladyfingers circular or lengthwise as you like them.
2. Roast the peanuts on a tawa on low flame till you get a nice aroma. Now, Grind the peanuts into small pieces or almost powdered form but not fine powder.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add the crushed peanuts to the pan and allow it to roast for a minute or till it changes colour to light brown on a low flame.
4. Then add the chopped ladyfingers and all the spices, which are turmeric, chili powder, Coriander powder and salt.
5. Toss the ladyfingers well along with the spices and peanuts. Let it cook on low flame for around 10 minutes or till the ladyfingers are cooked.
And there you go.. the delicious ladyfinger dish is ready.